Friday, March 23, 2007

Nunca me dirão quem sou

As noites de verão da infância de James Agee, 1915 - "in the time that I lived there so successfully disguised to myself as a child." Pequena cidade do Tennessee, endredom estendido no gramado, deitado olhando as estrelas, "All my people are larger bodies than mine, quiet, with voices gentle and meaningless like the voices of sleeping birds... One is my mother who is good to me. One is my father who is good to me. By some chance, here they are, all on this earth; and who shall ever tell the sorrow of being on this earth, lying, on quilts, on the grass, in a summer evening, among the sounds of the night."
"After a little I am taken in and put to bed. Sleep, soft smiling, draws me unto her: and those receive me, who quietly treat me, as one familiar and well-beloved in that home: but will not, oh, will not, not now, not ever; but will not ever tell me who I am."

Esse texto me arrepia toda. Uau.

6 Comments:

Blogger Non Sequitur said...

no they won't. they don't know, but that's not why they won't tell you - actually it is because they think they do. And they think it is so obvious, such an ordinary question.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Claudia Hoag said...

how can they answer when they, too, never knew who they are...

7:41 AM  
Blogger Non Sequitur said...

when you come to think about it....yes, you are right.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Non Sequitur said...

bem, vou te dar um conselho: nunca pergunte ao seu ex-marido quem você é. Nunca mesmo.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Claudia Hoag said...

HA. A especialidade do meu, logo que nos separamos, era fazer minha caveira para todos os conhecidos (e desconhecidos). Inventou, deturpou, e fez questão de colocar todo mundo contra mim. Se as pessoas soubessem da missa, o terço... Que monstro. Acho que é o ódio que transforma ex-marido em monstro. E quando se veste com pele de carneiro, então, é de fazer vomitar.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Non Sequitur said...

claudia, dá pra atualizar esse blog?

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home